Sales and Business Development Executive
Reports to: VP Product
Location: Lowell, MA
If you are looking for an outstanding career opportunity working for one of North America’s most disruptive technology company who are entering the European market with Belfast as our base – look no further.
Our growing company is in need of an experienced and resourceful Business Development Executives to develop and implement growth opportunities in existing and new markets. We’re searching for both experienced professionals that have a solid track record of creating long-term value and customers for organizations or individuals looking to develop their formal education into a career in sales.
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who understands how to leverage unique technology and align with business trends and market opportunities.
We’re looking for managers who are customer-obsessed and ready to solve the changing needs of our clients. Candidates should have strong communication and leadership skills, as well as the ability to work in a diverse team in an evolving industry landscape. You must relish the opportunity to close deals, be excited by the ability to understand customer needs and transition those to products and services we offer.
Successful applicants should also be willing to travel to Europe and the USA.
Your Typical Duties Will Include:
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and developing sales collateral
- Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Defining and developing sales goals and ensuring they are met
To keep healthy relationships with clients, this role will mostly require proactive engagement with customers. Your primary goal will be to develop customer relationship, close sales and keep our customers informed and satisfied.
You will be required to prepare sales pipeline forecasts and reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
The business development executive will have three primary responsibilities:
- Identifying new sales leads and closing business
- Pitching our products and/or services
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers & farming further opportunities
- When it comes to generating new sales leads, you can expect the day-to-day duties to typically include:
- Researching organizations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new customer opportunities
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email, phone and social media to establish rapport and set up appropriate and valuable sales meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Identifying, attending and preparing for conferences, meetings, and industry events
Accountabilities And Performance Measures:
To be an effective business development executive, you must be:
- Socially adept
- Good with numbers
- Able to clearly and professionally communicate value to our customers
- Ensure you provide quality information and have an immense sense of pride in quality, accuracy and ownership in achieving your targets
The skills you need to excel in this position include:
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve customer’s problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry, our products and relevant current events
- Be a team player – know when to engage your colleagues, ask for support and work collaboratively to achieve your objectives
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization